Before designing a website
- What is the main purpose of the website?
- Can you describe your business and its target audience?
- Do you have any specific goals or objectives for the website (e.g., increase sales, build brand awareness)?
- What features and functionalities do you envision for the website (e.g., e-commerce, contact forms, user accounts)?
- Are there any specific third-party integrations you require (e.g., payment gateways, CRM, social media)?
- Do you have a logo and branding guidelines that should be integrated into the website design?
- Will you provide all the content (text, images, videos) for the website, or do you need assistance with content creation?
- Do you have any design preferences or examples of websites you like?
- How many pages do you anticipate the website having?
- Could you provide a rough outline of the content and structure for each page?
- Is it important for the website to be fully responsive, adapting to various screen sizes and devices?
- Is search engine optimization (SEO) important to you?
- Would you like to integrate tools like Google Analytics to track website traffic and user behavior?
- Do you have a specific launch date or timeline in mind for the project?
- Do you have a budget range in mind for this project?
- Are you open to discussing different pricing options based on the scope of work?
How do you plan to handle website updates and maintenance after the initial launch? May I recommend a hosting service that takes care of maintenance?
Have you considered where the website will be hosted, and do you have any specific security requirements?
- Are there any competitors’ websites that you admire or would like to outperform?
- What specific actions do you want users to take when they visit your website?
- What is your preferred method of communication, and how frequently would you like project updates?
- How do you envision the feedback and revision process?
- Are you interested in ongoing digital marketing, content creation, or other related services?
- What matters to them?
- Here is what I heard you say… is this correct?
- Develop vocabulary together…
- Decide -> side…. (killing off options….)
- Make the decisions small -> break down to details with lots of questions…
- Be transparent, earn trust (don’t be evasive…)
- Be patient
- Put yourself in the other person’s shoes
- Talk about money early
- Sync up
- Show, don’t tell
- Ask more questions… Why, how, what…
- Build trust (by asking the right questions)
- Make sure you are a good fit